An easy payment process makes or breaks a sales conversion. It is the final stage of every customer journey that began on product searching. But without them completing the purchase is the ecommerce website developer’s fault as much as the website owner.
The customer finally made the decision to buy your product. At this stage the experience should be effortless and smooth. There should be no hiccup or page load delay in your payment processing page. Because a lot of cart are being abandoned because the payment processing wasn’t easy and do not offer much, or the options presented does not match the buyers’ available payment capability.
According to the Baymard Institute, almost 70% of shoppers abandon their carts. This suggests that even after researching and considering products thoroughly and adding them to their cart, a majority of shoppers still don’t complete the payment process.
Take a look at the statistics below:
A staggering average of 30% combined shopping cart being abandoned just with these two reasons alone: the ecommerce website wanted buyer to create account(34%), and too long/ complicated checkout process(26%).
In other words, 1 out of 3 shoppers have abandoned a cart in the last quarter due to a “too long / complicated checkout process”. And again, this is just 1 of the 134 documented causes for checkout usability issues, but the data is mind-blowing. If an ecommerce website can somehow make the payment process shorter and uncomplicated, that 30% is a huge chunk potentially added to every ecommerce shop sales!
The solution is simple:
Offer an smoother and easy payment process with an easy payment option that will ensure quick conversions. At Shoptech.media, we have reduced our payment processing page to just one in all our ecommerce website development. All the customer needs to make a complete purchase is readily reachable.
Additionally, 13% of shoppers will abandon their purchases if there’s no local payment option.
Easy payment process should be Global. Offer solution for shoppers in other countries.
Consolidate your payments into a single platform. 84% of European retailers, for example- are considering the use of third-party service providers like Stripe. So that they can accept payments from the US, EU, Japan, China, Canada, and Australia with multiple currency options. These features should be considered when choosing your prefered payment module for your prestashop or thirtybees ecommerce website.
Smart but easy payment process that completes customer purchase should offer the following features:
- Offers Pay withGoogle, Apple Pay, Microsoft Pay, WeChat Pay, Credit/Debit card, 3D-Secure, BITCOIN, ALIPAY, iDEAL, SOFORT, BANCONTACT, GIROPAY, Przelewy24, EPS, MULTIBANCO, SEPA Direct Debit with single Stripe account.
- Quick Pay for returning customers with there saved card. So they don’t need to fill their card details again.
- Auto process 3D Secure required cards.
- Two types of Checkout forms (Stripe Checkout & Standard form)
- Checkout popup Payment offered in multiple languages and support 3D Secure payments as well.
- Cross-device payment forms, with support for single click payments
- Two charge modes (1. Authorize Only 2. Authorize and capture)
- One click onsite payments without redirecting your customers to an external site
- Payment update for the pending charges.
- Full or partial payment Capture from backoffice
- Full or partial payment Refund from backoffice order page
- Real-time fee charging information as per transaction.
- Mark each charge with Prestashop or Thirtybees order ID.
- Send Email receipts to customers for each successful payment charge or refunds.
- Full PCI compliant payment solution
- Support more than 139 currencies from all over the world.
- Support One-page Checkout
- Fully translatable module.
Prestashop website development and Thirtybees website development comes with Global payment option
Payment modules like Stripe payment pro offers Pay with Google, Apple Pay, Microsoft Pay, WeChat Pay, Credit card, 3D-Secure, BITCOIN, ALIPAY, iDEAL, SOFORT, BANCONTACT, GIROPAY, Przelewy24, EPS, MULTIBANCO, SEPA Direct Debit with one Stripe account.
Ecommerce Website development needs payment methods that allows any merchant to accept payments from worldwide customers.
Pay with Google,Apple Pay, Microsoft Pay, WeChat Pay are faster than any other traditional payment method. Customer don’t need to type card details manually which time consuming. So customers going to love to Pay with Google, Apple Pay, Microsoft Pay, WeChat Pay. With Apple Pay/ Pay with Google, customers can checkout with one click/ touch.
The payment processing could make or break a conversion. It is the final stage of every customer journey that began on product searching. Make it easy and a smooth process for your customers, it should offer variety of options for international customers as well as local payment options, – and see your conversion rate sky-rocket, and your abandoned cart plummet.