Implementing books structured data schema type is an action that make Google Search become an entry point for discovering books. Allowing users to outright decide to buy books directly from the result page that Google returns in the search.
If you are selling e-books and other books in your Prestashop-thiry bees Ecommerce website, you can provide these data to Google by simply implementing books structured data schema rule.
You may check this article out, to see if implementing books structured data for you ecommerce website will be beneficial to you. And How Schema.org Improves Your Prestashop and Thirtybees SEO Results.
There are 7 important data by which Google determines the books structured data:
- Person or Author
L’set see how we can implement books structured data to your ecommerce website.
Below are important tips to remember about implementing books data structure. It is essential to follow these guidelines that are specific to books and read actions:
If you have duplicate pages for the same content, the link should be the canonical URL that contains the book title and other book information.
Upon clicking a read action link, your user should be sent to a page that directly supports the acquisition of the book.
Read action links must point to a page where users can acquire the content.
Read action links must not point to pages that to click more pages to acquire the content or view more details, such as a search results page or product summary page.
What Must Be Included In implementing books structured data Type?
You must include the required properties for your content to be eligible for display as a rich result. You can also include the recommended properties to add more information about your content, which could provide a better user experience.
1. A Book content type
- must have type of “book”.
- it must contain the name of the book
- it must have a URL to the book
- must have an author of the book
- It must contain the work example of the author of the book.
See screenshot below for reference of how Google data structure should be presented to Google search engine. Google will look for this structure first before presenting the search results.
2. It should contain an information of a Country
Book must contain the information about the country the book came out or what country it is published. Usually, contains that author’s country of origin. Or the region by which the book is eligible for purchase.
It must also contain an information of the content type, in this case “Country”.
3. It should contain an information of the entry Point.
The EntryPoint are the mechanism for you to provide the deep links to your books. You can specify the deep links by the type of platform they intend to serve. Check image below:It myst have an action platform. What is an action platform? Action platform is the platform(s) on which the link works. usually one or more of the following:
- http://schema.org/DesktopWebPlatform: Works on desktop web browsers.
- schema.org/MobileWebPlatform: Works on mobile web browsers.
- http://schema.org/AndroidPlatform: Works on Android native app.
- http://schema.org/IOSPlatform: Works on iOS native app
EntryPoint must also contain a link to the URL of the whole content with the urlTemplate schema.
4. It should contain an information of the Person/Author
A person can be either alive, dead, undead, or fictional. You can check the full general structured data guideline for Person here.
Person must at least contain the author name and the type, “Person”. Below is a screenshot of how it should look.
The url must point to a reference page that unambiguously indicates the item’s identity. The URL of the item’s Wikipedia page, Freebase page, or an official website. Basically the URL of the item.
5. It should contain an information of the actual Offer
Offer is the terms and condition for purchasing the book. It will contain the price, the currency, and the availability of the item.
6. It should contain an information of the Read Action
ReadAction is how you want your users to act on your information. It is an act of consuming your written content. It must have the action condition and the action target.
- The entryPoint. A set of requirements that must be fulfilled in order to perform an Action. If more than one value is specified, fulfilling one set of requirements will allow the Action to be performed.
- The actual offer. An Offer which must be accepted before the user can perform the Action. For example, the user may need to buy a movie ticket before being able to watch it.
ReadAction properties determine both the platform for the content as well as the conditions in which the action can occur, such as purchase of the content before reading can begin.
7. It should contain an information of the Book Example
Book Example is just like the phrase mean.. It is either a specific edition of the written work, or the volume of the work. It contains the following information for Google according to Schema general guideline :
- id – a unique ID. The ID should be stable and not change over time.
- author – the Person. The author(s) of the book. Provide one Person entity per author.
- bookEdition – the edition of the book.
- datePublish – the date of publication
- name – the name or title of the book
- url – a url to the edition if there is one.
At shoptech.media we understand that there are a lot of information in this article that are difficult to digest, how much more difficult to actually implement it. We have taken the step to address this by building our own SchemaPro module, so that everyone of our clientele can have the upper hand over their competition. Let us know if you need assistance in this by using the contact us form.
If you like this article , give a thumbs up and a comment in the comment section. And do not forget to hit the share button to share this free resource to your social media friends.