Ecommerce website development team or a Freelance? If you think of selling your product online, you will have to choose a provider to build your ecommerce website. A team to handle the intricate ecommerce website development (if you are not able to do it yourself).
Which one to hire? Ecommerce development team or a Freelance?
Deny it or not, you will eventually have to choose a ecommerce website development team. Or perhaps a freelance ecommerce website developer for the development of your ecommerce website. The question for you is, which one should you choose?
Let’s start by defining “freelance ecommerce website developer” and “ecommerce website development team”.
Freelance Web Developer: self-employed in the field of the web development, they operate on their own.
Web Development Team: a group of several people in the field of the web development.
How to make a good choice?
When you have a project in mind and you want to bring it to fruition. The goal is always to be certain that your choice is a good one. And that it will lead you to make more money. Because a bad choice could be fatal for your financial capability. So, you would not want to make a bad decision when it comes to building your online commerce. Therefore you have to make a really good choice regarding who will provide for you the services of your ecommerce website development.
Let us take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of hiring an ecommerce website developmen team versus hiring a freelancer.
What are the benefits of hiring an ecommerce website development team?
- They have several employees therefore more reassuring and stable,
- Each member of the team is a specialist of his field. Usually consist of the following: a graphic designer, a front-end developer, a back-end developer, and project manager, and a support person.
- They assist you in your project and are used to contacting customers and know their clients’ different issues,
- A dedicated after-sales service for customers exists within the company.
What are the advantages of a Freelance ecommerce website developer?
- Freelancers’ price usually are well below that of the ecommerce website development team.
- The progress of the project can be done quickly, because the project takes up the whole attention of the Freelancer. If you get a good one, they usually work non-stop till project is done(IF you get a good one).
- They are more flexible, If something is missed, they are not confined to rigid rule like a company does.
- Freelancers are constantly looking for innovations, new technologies, because it is a real passion (which is just logical, otherwise he would not have built his business)
This list is not exhaustive in any form.. they are the observation and result of a one-man research team. Anyway, Let’s look at the other side of the coin.
What are the disadvantages of hiring an ecommerce website development team?
- The prices charged are relatively high and each “mini-modifications that are out of the original requirement” will be charged at the market price.
- Development teams always want to sell the maximum contract, even if they are not necessary for your ecommerce needs.
- They are encumbered by their company process and is not very flexible in terms of acquiring new technology and changes
- Development teams are not always the more efficient than some Freelance.
What are the disadvantages of a Freelancer
- They are cheap, but most of the time does not know anything about the service they offer
- Quality of work are mediocre, completion of your e-commerce website are amateurish.
- Unreachable, most of the time vanishes for 1 or 2 days, without giving you reasons why?
- Project does not move forward as expected, because he has 10 projects running at the same time and is badly organized
- In the Freelance status, there are always company’s looking running after him, which should give you a red flag.
- He knows nothing about customer relations, and only able to provide web development services.
What have we noticed so far?
I noticed that it was easier to be negative on Freelance ecommerce website developer than on Web development team . In my opinion and experience, as a customer I will rely instead on a web development team for an e-commerce project for the simple reason of dependability and accountability, as well as after-sales support.
Accountable and Dependable Development Service is crucial to ecommerce development
As far as stability and being accountable of the process, the web development team is – in my opinion – trumps the freelancer. I am not against Freelancers in general, I started as a freelancer myself. There are plenty of really good freelance ecommerce websites developers around. Frankly I’m not too worried about them. If they do a good job, people will notice and talk about them, and recommend them for more work, and they will not run out of clients.
Again, if you can be assured of the stability and accountability of your freelance developer, go ahead with him. But if you want security and customer support after development, go for the ecommerce website development team.
Because ecommerce is a sensitive and delicate project, so our recommendation is to go with a dependable Ecommerce development team!
Let us know in the comment section, if you agree or disagree about the advantages and disadvantages of the hiring a development team against the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a freelancer to develop your ecommerce website. If you have a choice between the two, things being equal, who would you rather have?